Sunday, March 15, 2009

It was 60 here, why'd we go home to 2ft. of snow?


Here is our most lovely and quick Cali vacation! Oh it was so nice there on Lagoona beach. We still regret never putting our swimming suits on. At least I got some sun, starting my farmer's tan off early I guess.

This place was beautiful! It was so nice to get to see the ocean in a state of mind in which I could appreciate its beauty and creation (the first and only other time I've been at the beach was as a toddler on a cold and rainy day). Alan was such a sweetheart our whole trip! We held hands and walked up and down the beach, traversing rock and the sea shells Alan told me I couldn't take home. :(

We chased waves and wrote in the sand. The tide went out after we were there, so I think our writings stuck around a while. Alan took me back later that night so I could watch the sun disappear over the horizon. That is one of the most amazing things I've ever seen. Wow, what a trip!

Just to prove that Alan has been to Hollywood, he wanted a picture of the HOLLYWOOD sign on the hill. Traffic was fast and slow along the way and when he asked for a picture we were on the freeway with trees and overpasses blocking our view. If your squint you can see the WOOD part of the sign right next to the overpass. If we were to do it all over again we would have swam in the freezing ocean water rather than putt along in LA traffic for 3+ hours. YUCK!

Last and certainly not least for this posting anyways.......

POOP ROCK as Alan calls it. This is a little island-type rock close to the beach. I thought, and still like to think, that this rock is covered in salt. Alan, on the other hand, says it is bird poop. Tons of birds perch themselves here, so I guess he could be right. But that's just gross!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments

Poker Face

Poker Face

Poker Hand Sucking

Recently Alan got into playing card games with monopoly money as the dough. Cassi was just helping Uncle Jake slobber on his playing hand! Boy does Jake know how to bluff!

easter bonnet for Grandpa Mason

easter bonnet for Grandpa Mason

Baby girl's first halloween

Baby girl's first halloween

Cassi being cute

Cassi being cute

Snow

Snow

First Halloween

First Halloween

Baby Cassi's first moments

Baby Cassi's first moments
7 lbs. 14 oz. 20 1/2 inches long

Big Jud's

Big Jud's
This is the Biggest Hamburger that Alan has eaten to date