So this year was probably the biggest for Church Ball. Unknown to everyone our ward was scheduled to play an earlier game in tournament play. Luckily Alan went early that night to referee and found out, so we were both on the phone frantically calling the guys of the ward to show up. You wouldn't believe how many "really" and "are you sure" remarks I got from people. It was pretty funny actually. :)Well they won that night, then returned the next night to play. They also won that one and had only 11 hours till the Tournament game the next morning. These are very high tech games. They even have High School Referees come to ref them. As usual they call fouls and the crowd complains. Sad really, but I even
started complaining at the refs. Poor fellows.Tournament game came and all of the wives were there to cheer and chat. Even our high council man and his wife showed up to watch. Oh fun times, fun times. I wish I could give you more of a play by play of the game, because it was intense. We were up by at least 15 for a really good portion of the first half, then the other team started catching up. In the last 3 minutes it was close and us wives could hardly take it anymore. We all were wondering if we should just go out in the hall, we couldn't take the suspense.
The last minute was crazy. They got close, then tied (wow I feel like I'm analyzing a March Madness game). Well they were ahead by 3 with one second left. The other team demanded that they get their 1 second. The girls at the scoreboard let the time run (we were wives, we didn't know how to run a b-ball score board/time). Finally the other team got their 1 second, nothing. Intense, intense. Oh the joys of ward ball!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments